The mission of the Sports Neuropsychology Society (SNS) is to advance the field of sports neuropsychology, to generate and disseminate knowledge regarding brain-behavior relationships as it applies to sports, and to promote the welfare of athletes at all levels.
Mission and Objectives
In order to fulfill its mission, the Sports Neuropsychology Society has established the following objectives:
- To establish sports neuropsychology as a sub-specialty of neuropsychology.
- To promote the competent and ethical practice of sports neuropsychology.
- To develop and disseminate educational information for the membership as well as the general public.
- To promote, support, and disseminate scientific research in sports neuropsychology.
- To provide expertise and advocacy with regard to legal and regulatory matters bearing on sports neuropsychology.
- To provide expertise and advocacy with regard to the health and safety of athletes.
Introduction By Our President
The Sports Neuropsychology Society (SNS) is a professional member organization established in 2012. Our membership includes neuropsychologists that are actively involved in concussion management efforts at the amateur and professional levels. Moreover, SNS functions as a resource for professionals and lay audiences that need access to appropriately trained and experienced sports neuropsychologists.
~ Gerard A. Gioia, Ph.D., President