The mission of the Sports Neuropsychology Society (SNS) is to advance the field of sports neuropsychology, to generate and disseminate knowledge regarding brain health, injury, and safety as it applies to sports, and to promote the welfare of athletes at all developmental levels.
Mission and Objectives
In order to fulfill its mission, the Sports Neuropsychology Society has established the following objectives:
- To promote, facilitate, and advance sports neuropsychology as a sub-specialty of clinical neuropsychology.
- To guide the competent and ethical practice of sports neuropsychology, including the understanding of social equity, cultural, and linguistic considerations related to diversity in sports.
- To educate the membership, athletes, athletic personnel, stakeholders, and the general public about brain health, brain injury, emotional well-being, and safety in sports.
- To highlight and disseminate scientific research and advances in sports neuropsychology.
- To create continuing education opportunities in sports neuropsychology.
- To encourage and support the training of future sports neuropsychologists.
- To provide expertise, consultation, and advocacy with regard to legal, regulatory, and professional practice matters bearing on sports neuropsychology.
Introduction By Our President